Information For Guys
She is weighing her options. What are your responsibilities? What’s the right thing to do? You have a lot to think about.
What do you do?
An unexpected pregnancy involves decisions that affect you for the rest of your life. So, what’s your plan of action? Do you look for help with parenting? Get married? Consider an adoption plan? Abortion? All of these plans come with big changes for you. Your Alternatives pregnancy consultant will give you the resources and information you need to help both of you through this decision.
Pregnancy Centers are not just for women. Our services include you. Making an appointment at Alternatives gives you the chance to work through the questions you have with helpful information. Find support as you consider how to handle this situation. Having someone to talk to will help you be strong for yourself and your partner.
What you should do:
- Don’t rush her or pressure her.
- Listen to how she is feeling.
- Keep the lines of communication open between the two of you.
- Be there for her.
- She needs your support now more than ever.
- She may be the one who is pregnant but you have both brought a new life into existence. Regardless of where the future of your relationship lies, you are responsible for this pregnancy, too.
- Be strong. Stay calm. Take one day at a time.
Talk about it
- Talk to your partner about how you are feeling and what you think.
- Talk to adults that you trust and people who will support you.
- Seek good advice. Be honest.
Get all the facts
- Gather all of the information you need.
- Make sure that you are knowledgeable about every choice with its pros and cons.
- Help your partner make an informed decision that is safe for her.
What you shouldn’t do:
- Running away will not make this situation easier for either of you.
- You may have different opinions about the path that should be taken. It may not be easy, but your goal should be to work together to come to the best decision for everyone.
How we can help
We’re here to help you think through your choices, get information and find support. Guys often find that coming in by themselves gives them the opportunity to talk freely and think through their situation clearly. Schedule an appointment with Alternatives for the tools you need.